Innovi has strong relationships with a number of trusted additional expert consultants who work with us when required.
Derek Waddell was for 10 years CEO of Edinburgh Research and Innovation and the Director of Research Services and Commercialisation at the University of Edinburgh. Relevant experience includes:
- 27 years’ experience in a leading university technology transfer office
- International expert evaluator for Enterprise Ireland’s Technology Transfer Strengthening Initiative (TTSI)
- Completed a six-month interim position as Vice Principal Research and Enterprise at the University of the West of Scotland which included a review of Enterprise activities. Currently retained as an enterprise and commercialisation consultant.
- Has carried out quality assessments of University departments.
- Led the review of several university commercial propositions at the University of Edinburgh
Professor Alan Harvey was Vice-President for Research and Innovation at Dublin City University between 2012 and 2016. Prior to this appointment, Alan was Professor of Pharmacology at the University of Strathclyde, where he directed the Institute for Drug Research for 20 years. Alan has completed several consultancy projects including:
- Chair of the review panel for a French university-based drug research institute (on behalf of HCERES, the High Council for Evaluation of Research and Higher Education)
- Biannual reports of the Scientific Advisory Board of a Norwegian drug discovery research institute
- Technical and strategy reports to a Scandinavian virtual drug discovery and development company
- Reports on IP strategy and pharmacology for a South African pharmaceutical company
- Reports on European market entry strategies for a South African food ingredient company
- Report for a London-based digital economy start-up company on competitive position and growth strategy